**Update: For 2014 Hours, go HERE!
It’s that time of year again. For one day out of the year, little ghosts and goblins patrol the streets of Racine, while being rewarded with candy for their ghoulish deeds. But while it is sure to happen every year, the time and date is always in questions. Well, we can tell you that the Racine Trick-or-Treat hours for 2013 are from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 3.
Being on a Sunday is convenient for children and parents alike. And, it can be mostly done during lighted hours, which takes some of the stress off for parents worried about their kids traveling the streets at night. And while it may still be safer during daylight hours, we can’t stress enough that there still are potential dangers. Below we’ve listed some safety tips for parents and kids to assure they can stay safe on Halloween.
1. With so many lit jack-o-lanterns and candles around, make sure the costumes you buy are flame resistant.
2. Affix reflective tape to your child’s costume so they can be seen by cars in the dusk and early night hours.
3. Make sure that the kiddos go out in groups if no adults are walking with them.
4. Always remember to walk, not run while Trick-or-Treating.
5. Keep foot travel limited to the sidewalks whenever possible. If you need to cross the street, do so in the crosswalk.
6. Parents should inspect all candy before the kids eat it – and only wrapped candy should be consumed.
7. NEVER accept a ride from someone that you don’t know.
The biggest factor to enjoying Halloween Trick-or-Treating is to be smart about what you do. By following a few simple rules, everyone can enjoy their Halloween!
Don't miss Milwaukee's big parade
When is the Milwaukee Holiday Parade 2014? Here in Racine, we get into the holiday spirit ...read more
It's Time for Halloween in Racine
Racine Trick or Treat 2014 Halloween is almost here, and if you've got kids that means ...read more
We've got your Memorial Day Parade details!
Racine Memorial Day Parade 2014 Wondering what’s going on in our area this 2014 Memorial Day? ...read more
Get active this spring and do a 5K!
5k in Racine WI 2014 The warm weather is finally finding us here in Wisconsin, and ...read more