Racine Trick-or-Treating Hours 2013
It’s that time of year again. For one day out of the year, little ghosts and goblins patrol the streets of Racine, while being rewarded with candy for their ghoulish deeds. But while it is sure to happen every year, the time and date is always in questions. Well, we can tell you that the Racine Trick-or-Treat hours for 2013 are from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 3.
Being on a Sunday is convenient for children and parents alike. And, it can be mostly done during lighted hours, which takes some of the stress off for parents worried about their kids traveling the streets at night. And while it may still be safer during daylight hours, we can’t stress enough that there still are potential dangers. Below we’ve listed some safety tips for parents and kids to assure they can stay safe on Halloween.
1. With so many lit jack-o-lanterns and candles around, make sure the costumes you buy are flame resistant.
2. Affix reflective tape to your child’s costume so they can be seen by cars in the dusk and early night hours.
3. Make sure that the kiddos go out in groups if no adults are walking with them.
4. Always remember to walk, not run while Trick-or-Treating.
5. Keep foot travel limited to the sidewalks whenever possible. If you need to cross the street, do so in the crosswalk.
6. Parents should inspect all candy before the kids eat it – and only wrapped candy should be consumed.
7. NEVER accept a ride from someone that you don’t know.
The biggest factor to enjoying Halloween Trick-or-Treating is to be smart about what you do. By following a few simple rules, everyone can enjoy their Halloween!