Sometimes you need to clean your car, but you don’t have the right tools on hand. That doesn’t mean you need to push off the chore! We’ll tell you how to get your car clean, and which household products you can use to clean your car. Not only will you be able to check it off your to-do list, but you will have saved money along the way. Read on and get your car cleaned up and looking great, without having to buy specialized products.
DIY Car Washing Soap and Cleaner
Step 1: Wet Down Your Vehicle’s Exterior
- Rinse your car with the hose. Try to get all the areas of your car with the hose at least twice to help break up dry dirt and debris.
- Create a baking soda mixture. Pour one cup of baking soda into a gallon of water and use this to lightly clean the exterior with a sponge. The baking soda will remove grime without being too harsh.
Step 2: Fully Clean the Exterior
- Make Soapy Water. Mix ¼ cup of soap (not dish washing soap, as this might damage your car’s paint) with one gallon of hot water. It is best to use a soap with a vegetable oil base.
- Use a clean sponge to wash the exterior, and a bristled brush for the tires and wheels.
Step 3: Rinse Everything Off
- Rinse first with the hose. Make sure to rinse until you no longer see residue of the soap or baking soda mixture.
- Make water and vinegar mixture. Mix the vinegar and water mixture at a ratio of 3:1 and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray the exterior of the vehicle and wipe dry with newspaper. This will leave the car clean and shiny, without streaks.
Vehicle Maintenance Savings Racine WI
Your vehicle could use maintenance and repair, and with the coupons available on Palmen Dodge Jeep Chrysler Ram of Racine’s website, you can save some money along the way! Before you schedule your next appointment, take a look at the different savings options on our page and bring them along when you come to see us.